Who we are and what we are looking for?
Founded in 2008, ALPHA NETWORKS has become one of the fastest growing software companies, providing TV back-end and smart video platforms. ALPHA NETWORKS empowers the innovation, accelerates the projects go-to-market, and enhances the next generation TV- entertainment business. Serving customers all over the world, our product development team and engineers continue to develop new technologies that will engage, connect and transform the way people watch TV.
Headquartered in Belgium, ALPHA NETWORKS is internationally recognized by customers all over the world. Working with major telecom and media companies, such as Orange, Econet Group, and TeleCentro, SFR, Bouygues, RTBF, we are experienced in operator deployments and providing world-class customer support.
We are looking for a Pre-sales Engineer to join the Pre-sales Team. Based in LATAM, the Pre-sales Engineer will team-up with Sales team to provide its technical expertise and will also directly interact with the Alpha Networks teams to prepare customer meetings, tradeshows and provide market feedback.
In this team, the Pre-sales Engineer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to our key customers and prospects based in South America.
- Pursue additional business development opportunities in collaboration with the local Sales team.
- Prepare technical responses to RFI/RFQ/RFP. The Pre-sales engineer is also responsible for the designs and delivers product/service presentations and demonstrations.
- The Pre-sales engineer assists the Sales team on all technical matters that relate to a sales opportunity.
- Responsible for technical ecosystem definition (partners and distributors) together with the Sales manager.
- Engage closely with the customer teams to design & develop the desired ecosystem and fulfil customer’s needs by understanding their challenges.
- Deal with the Product team to prepare demos and to provide feedback from the prospects.
- Interacts with R&D for specific topics such as PoCs and technical workshop preparations.
- Collaborate with our business partners.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Prior experience working in any of the following industries: telecommunications, broadcast, streaming media, content, pay-TV, mobile, online media or information technology. At best, experience in a similar Pre-sales or Sales engineering position
- Good industry knowledge (customers, partners and competitors)
- Solid knowledge of OTT ecosystem and technologies for operators and broadcasters
- Good interpersonal, presentation, writing and communication skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Analytical skills and the ability to recognize the demands on the side of the clients
Languages and profile
- Spanish: Spoken and written
- English: Spoken and written
- Portuguese: Spoken and written is a plus
- MS Office, Jira, CRM tools
- Mobile office, Latin America only
Competitive salary depending on skills level and prior work experience.