Who we are and what we are looking for?
Founded in 2008, Alpha Networks has become one of the fastest growing software companies, providing TV back-end and smart video platforms but also front-end applications for all platforms (Android, AndroidTV, iOS, Web) and all type of devices (smartphones, tablets, STB, smartTV, gaming consoles). Alpha Networks empowers the innovation, accelerates the projects go-to-market, improves the end-user experience in consuming TV and Video, as well as enhancing the next generation TV- entertainment business. Serving customers all over the world, our product development team and engineers continue to develop new technologies that will engage, connect and transform the way people watch TV.
Headquartered in Belgium, with R&D sites in Paris and Braine l’Alleud, and sales representatives in Europe, Asia, and South America, the company is internationally recognized. Working with major Telecom and Media companies such as Orange, SFR, Bouygues Telecom, Econet, Telecentro, TF1, Canal+, Alpha Networks excels in carrier grade deployments and customer support.
Alpha Networks is looking for a Data Scientist to join the Paris R&D Team.
In this team, the Data Scientist will have the following key responsibilities:
• Design, develop statistical and machine learning algorithms associated with image recognition
• Build complex machine learning models taking into account both performance and scalability aspects
• Improve algorithms until they are deployed on production in a clear, tested and documented source code
• Follow the predictive quality of these models over time and adjust their performance
• Propose and design of new predictive approaches in partnership with other R&D teams
• Regular technical watch on the domain
Experience, Education and Skills
• High-school education, ideally BAC +5 (engineering schools, university statistics & mathematics). You have a successful experience of at least 2 years as DataScientist
• A first successful and concrete experience of introducing in production (with operational monitoring) a data-science project
• Knowledge and experience of machine learning and data mining algorithms (classification, clustering, regression …)
• Experience with Python for data analysis
• Experience with TensorFlow is a plus
• Capability to present the results of the work in a simple and efficient manner to an audience of non-expert people
Languages and profile
- French: Spoken and written
- English: Spoken and written
Competitive salary depending on skills level and prior work experience.